Join us on Saturday, July 27th, 2013
as Niagara Falls closes down the street for the
Anime & Steampunk Parade
Register to be in the Parade
You can be in the parade! Show off your favorite Cosplay to the Niagara Falls tourists. Whether you are going to be in Anime Cosplay or full out Steampunk attire, we want you to be included. There is no charge to be in the parade but you do need to pre-register for it so that we know how many people will be in the parade.
fill out an application mail it to us, using the information on the application by July 1, 2013.
If you didn't preregister for the parade, you may be able to register upon check in at the convention center, if there is still space available for you. However, if too many people register in advance, registration may be closed by the time of the convention. So we recommend taking a few moments to preregister to ensure that you reserve your spot.
If you would like to enter an Anime or Steampunk Float for the parade, you need to fill out a separate section on the parade application for floats. Be sure to fill that out and send it back in. You must pre-register for floats by July 1, 2013. There are guidelines for floats on the right side of this page as well as on the parade application. Be sure to read those carefully before making your float.
Any Ryu-Kon 2013 Anime & Gaming Convention attendee can register a float for the parade. Running a float in the parade is free but you must pre-register to include your float. Please read the float guidelines below very carefully and be sure to fill out an applicationand get it back in by July 1, 2013.
• Floats must be pre-registered by July 1st, 2013 by filling out and sending in a parade application.
• All floats must be non-motorized. You can have it on wheels so that you can pull it. Basically, it must be human powered. Bicycles are ok, wagons are ok. Anything with wheels that is pushed or pulled is also ok. There are many ways you can do this. We will be posting suggestions soon. Watch for this new article that will be posted on this page.
• If you have an exceptionally large float, be sure to let us know on your application ahead of time. You may have to make special arrangements for storage of your float during the time of the convention if it is too big for the float storage area.
• No pyrotechnics will be allowed or any form of fire or dangerous materials
• All floats should be checked in at the Parade station in Dragon Plaza for storage until the parade time. You will be given a time to be at the Float station to pick up your float before the parade and get it prepared for the parade before other non-float parade participants are called to parade set up. You must be at the parade set up station on time or you may be left behind. Once we have left the float storage area, nobody will be allowed to pick up their float for the parade until the scheduled float pick up times after the parade. These times will be given to each parade participant upon check in at the convention. You will be allowed to continue to store your float after the parade until the end of the convention so that you don't have to worry about what to do with it during the convention.
• Note: floats that do not meet regulations for safety may be rejected at any time. So if you aren't sure if your float would meet safety guidelines, be sure to ask us in advance. We don't want anyone to be hurt during the parade.
Content copyright . RYU-KON.COM. All rights reserved.